Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ahh, just a little bit of quiet. I'm enjoying a brief quiet moment now (I say brief because I'm expecting it won't last more than 10 or 15 minutes). Baby Boy seems to have so many difficult days. I hate seeing his little face so sad when he isn't feeling well. I haven't gotten a picture of it yet, but he often actually rolls his bottom lip out and makes a little pouty face when he cries -- melts my heart every time. About a week and a half ago we started him on medicine for reflux. That has stopped the frequent vomiting/excessive spitting up most days (though, he does still spit up a lot), and has helped take the edge off of his fussiness at feedings most of the time, but he still seems to have a lot of gas pains (not related to the reflux, as I understand it), so I'm trying to figure out ways to help him with that. I've read a few online articles on the subject, and have gotten some good ideas and suggestions that we will try.

BUT, when he is feeling well, and he isn't fussy, he is such a smiley, happy little guy, and we are so enjoying his more frequent smiles. It's funny that at only 6 weeks, I'm already starting to see a special bond between Chapman and Drew. He smiles the most for Drew, no matter how many smiley, goofy faces I make at him, or how sweetly I try to talk to him...ha. Occasionally, he'll humor me and play along with my silliness, though. Yesterday, I was able to get a couple of pictures of his sweet little smiles while we played a bit. Here's our sweet one watching his mobile, and smiling back at me while we play.



No comments: